Wednesday, January 07, 2009

An A to Z of personal development - attitude part 2

This aspect of personal development is so important that I’m having a second posting for it!

This time I’m focused on having a positive outlook towards achievement and getting things done, a mindset where we ask ourselves “How can I do this” rather than telling ourselves it’s too difficult. When we have this attitude we are more open to seeing opportunities, can often attract useful resources and we find it easier to start taking action.

· "Don't say, "If I could, I would." Say, "If I can, I will." ~ Jim Rohn
· "If you have a guy with all the survival training in the world who has a negative attitude and a guy who doesn't have a clue but has a positive attitude, I guarantee you that the one with the positive attitude is coming out of the woods alive." ~ Gordon Smith, SERE Instructor
· "Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." ~ Anon
· "Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. Life would undergo a change of appearance because we ourselves had undergone a change of attitude." ~ Katherine Mansfield, Writer

Interested in some additional resources? Then I can recommend Marilee Adams’ book "Change your questions, change your life" which offers valuable advice on how to switch from a judger mindset to a learner mindset – so instead of looking for all the negatives and possible pitfalls, you can begin to ask those “How can I do this and what can I learn” questions. It does take practise - however can you imagine the sort of difference it could make to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home