Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Time Management Tips - Part 4

This is a simple tip, yet I find it can save time (and I will admit it's one of my pet peeves!).

I'm sure I'm not the only one who receives a ton of email and who often looks in a backlog of saved messages for a particular email - a task that would be a lot faster if the sender ensured that the subject line gave a good indication of the content of the email.

So often I receive emails that have been sent as a reply to one of mine a while ago, so the heading is of no relevance to the content whatsoever, or the heading just says 'hi' when the content is important and requires a reply by a certain date. And emails with no subject title are at risk of being deleted as spam.

Finally, when replying to a message - change the subject heading if relevant; this will make it easier to find in your 'saved' folder if you need it at a later date plus it's easier for the reader to deal with.

That's it for email etiquette for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home